Monday, October 21, 2019

3 Blind Mice


         Started painting up the Rat Ogres after doing the first 20 Clanrats. Had the two from the Isle of Blood set and the old Eshin sculpt from when Mordheim first came out. The Mordheim one originally had a very bent over pose that I wanted to switch up. Pinned the chest to be standing up correctly and then greenstuffed the gap between the loincloth and his belly button. Ended up with an 8 pack but Moulder mutations have ended up a lot worse.

I painted it as a test for the scheme, using the darker colors I had used on the Leader of the Clanrats unit. It was really dark and I kind of hated it so I ended up stripping it and going for the polar opposite scheme on the next one. Managed to find a picture of the alternate scheme in an old folder. I'm sure some might even prefer the old scheme but there wasn't enough contrast for me and it was really boring to paint as well.                                                                                                                                                                                            Painted the IoB Rat Ogre on the right side next, the skin was mostly Zandri/Karak/Ushabti blended up. Looking back I wish I had been a bit braver with the shadows on it and the rest of them. Started up the restripped Mordheim and other IoB one but only really got basecoats down when all the Endtimes/AoS rumors started up. We also got kittens at the same time and one had chewed up a Clanrat after I left my painting setup out over night. These two things along with some life changes lead to the hobby getting pushed to the side for a few years until the painting bug bit again recently and I finished the two on the left.


They will be getting swapped over onto some rounds for AoS so won't be finishing off the bases of the left two.

No comments:

Post a Comment